Annapolis Musicians Fund for Musicians, Inc. (AMFM)
is a non-profit organization created in 2006 to provide temporary financial relief to professional Annapolis musicians who cannot work due to sickness, injury, or any other circumstance leaving them unable to perform. This fund acts as an emergency relief fund for lost income. Since its founding, AMFM has grown to provide additional benefits to our local music community, including catastrophic relief and funding youth music programs in the form of scholarships and private lessons.
If you are an Annapolis musician or a musician who performs regularly in Annapolis, and you are in need of financial relief due to sickness, injury, or other circumstances, maybe AMFM can assist. To find out more about AMFM and see if you, as an artist, qualify for financial assistance, please visit our Benefits page to review our applications and to apply.
Annapolis, Maryland has one of the most vital, diverse, and exciting music scenes on the Eastern Seaboard. Annapolis offers live music entertainment 7 nights a week, 365 days a year, in a variety of venues, in every musical genre for all ages and tastes, for both locals and visitors to enjoy. Annapolis, Maryland is a thriving historic, recreation and tourist destination that profits tremendously from the many establishments that feature live music entertainment. This makes the musicians who live and work in Annapolis a valuable asset to the social, cultural and economic landscape of our community.
The hardworking musicians of Annapolis are continuously giving back to their community by helping to support and promote the local businesses and by participating in the many benefits and charity events held each year in the Annapolis area.
AMFM’s goal is to reciprocate that support by ensuring the musicians who work and perform in the Annapolis area can continue to maintain a quality of life during unexpected hardship that will keep them financially viable and the music in the city of Annapolis thriving.
As it has evolved over the years, AMFM has added benefits and grants to support the growth of live music in Annapolis and currently has the following five objectives:
- Provide temporary relief to musicians unable to work due to illness, injury, or other circumstances leaving them unable to perform. More information about the Lost Gig Fund can be found here.
- Provide assistance to musicians after catastrophic events. More information about the Catastrophic Fund can be found here.
- Fund music lessons for talented students at Bates Middle School Performing & Visual Arts Program and Naptown Sings.
- Fund a grant for a summer program to support underprivileged creative youth.
- Fund a college scholarship for a high school senior who will major in Music Performance at a four-year institution as a freshman. More information on the scholarship, including an application, can be found here.
The wealth of talent along with the dedicated and supportive fan base in Annapolis, Maryland makes the AMFM organization and all it does possible.