Annapolis Musicians Fund for Musicians, Inc (AMFM) is a non-profit organization that has six objectives:
• Provide temporary relief to musicians unable to work
• Provide assistance to musicians after catastrophic events when needed
• Fund music lessons for under-privileged students
• Fund a summer program for creative youth annually
• Award a $5,000 college scholarship annually for a music performance major
• Provide survival benefits for families of musicians who pass away unexpectedly
We reach these objectives by hosting concerts & online campaigns as fundraisers. One such fundraising concert is a concept called “In the Vane of,” where local acts perform two songs: one song is a cover of the featured artist and the second is an original song inspired by said featured artist. The shows normally have between twelve and fourteen acts. As one act is departing the stage and the next is preparing to perform, an emcee entertains the audience with stories, facts, and trivia about the featured legendary artist.
On September 12, 2022, AMFM will host “In the Vane of Sun Records” at Rams Head On Stage, where artists will pay tribute to founder Sam Phillips and his music label’s artists such as Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison and Carl Perkins, to name a few.
We are seeking an intern to produce 10 to 12 two-minute videos to tell the story about Sun Records and Sun Studios. A series of books will be provided to the student to use for research purposes for this project.
Skills and traits required for this internship:
• Understanding of and comfort with video editing software
• Ability to tell a compelling story
• Deadline driven
• Researching prowess
• Team oriented
• Outgoing personality
• Interest in music history a plus
This position will work remotely, with the exception of September 12, 2022. On this evening, you will coordinate & manage the multi-media project created for the concert at Rams Head On Stage.
Estimated amount of time to complete the project: 100 hours
This is an unpaid internship.
Interested students should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Deadline for submission is July 10, 2022.
Process will include an interview with a decision deadline of July 18, 2022.
AMFM, Annapolis Musicians Fund for Musicians, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization